[UI] [Other] Create a Hotkey / Shortcut / Keystroke Window to unite all keystrokes ...

Forum rules
1. Please keep it one request/suggestion per topic.
2. Please mark the requests with the following tags:
[Startup] - issue related to the program's startup or shutdown process;
[Taking] and [Clipping] - related to acquiring/creating notes (excl. editing);
[Viewing] - related to notes list browsing and reading;
[Editing] - related to the process of editing new and existing notes;
[Search] - related to note searching and finding;
[Managing] - related to note organization and management;
[Reordering/Sorting] - related to sorting or reordering the notes list;
[Clipboard] - clipboard operations;
[Import] and [Export] - issue related to bulk notes import/export;
[Globalization] - issues related to multiple languages/cultures support;
[Files] and [Backup] - file operations,notes back-end and backup;
[UI] - UI issues which don't fall into any of the above categories;
[Other] - other issues which don't fall into any of the above categories.

Thank you!
Hef_WannaBe

[UI] [Other] Create a Hotkey / Shortcut / Keystroke Window to unite all keystrokes ...

Postby Hef_WannaBe » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:41 am

First off, I love CintaNotes and want it to become better and grow. I use it daily, so I love it. Anyway ...

I hate that there are certain keys that I cannot change. I think that you can only change about 3 or 4
keystrokes. I wish that it had a keystroke mapper where I could change keystrokes.

IDEA: Create a Hotkey / Shortcut key window editor where you list all those SPECIAL KEYS for CintaNotes,
and allow us to change them. I hate some of the ones that exist, because they are different than I have
in Word and in other programs.

Right now, I can't cite the one that I wanted changed. Yes, now know it -- I want to be able to
match the HIGHLIGHTING KEYSTROKE to be same as I have in Word -- where I can remember it.
I wish that it was CONTROL+O which I have in WOrd, then I want Strike-through to be CONTROL+Q,
same as Word.

Yet I am stuck with whatever Developer decided way back when. So, that doesn't please me
and makes me fumble when I have to do those things. I want to be faster, but this holds me back.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Re: [UI] [Other] Create a Hotkey / Shortcut / Keystroke Window to unite all keystrokes ...

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello and sorry for the late reply.
This is well on our radar. We plan to add the option to customize all hotkeys in future versions (but probably sometime after the new UI launch).
If you wish, you can add your vote here: https://roadmap.cintanotes.com/communit ... -shortcuts
Alex
Hef_WannaBe

Re: [UI] [Other] Create a Hotkey / Shortcut / Keystroke Window to unite all keystrokes ...

Postby Hef_WannaBe » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:01 am

Alex,
No problem. Thanks for a reply. Actually, after seeing CintaNotes on BitsDuJour and trying it,
now, CN is my goto app that I track all of my computer ToDoLists in. It is perfect, and it is
something better than anything that I have had. I've used Word, but I am leaving it for this.

So, if I ever bitch & moan, it's just because I love your app so much that I want it to grow
and become so much more feature rich.

Thanks.
CintaNotes Developer
Site Admin

Postby CintaNotes Developer » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:20 am

Thanks a lot for your kind words, I appreciate your enthusiasm about the app a lot.
Alex

Return to “Feature Requests”